As was announced last month, CIRA, the Registry that administers the Canadian country-code TLD, is making significant changes to its domain name registration system today, 12th October, which in turn requires changes by domain registrars to faciliate the new requirements and features.
The key changes you need to be aware of are as follows:
1. Domain registrations will now require a different set of extended attributes & terms agreement
2. Transfers in will require an EPP Auth Code
3. Transfers away will require that you provide an EPP Auth Code to the registrant
4. WHOIS Details Changes can now be made via the API and not just directly at CIRA
5. Redemption of expired domains will be permitted during a newly established Redemption Grace Period
CIRA has announced a 24-hour outage extending from 6:00am PDT October 12 to 6:00am PDT October 13, 2010 when the changes will be made, and so during that time all .CA domain registrations & management tools will be unavailable.
Thank you for your understanding.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010